Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How can I setup my computer and Xbox 360 console to run together on the Internet?

I have just started at University and the current setup is an Ethernet connection which comes out of the wall and goes into the back of my computer. I then have an Xbox 360 which is not currently connected to the Internet (Xbox Live). Unfortunately, since the source cable from the wall is an Ethernet cable, it means that I cannot run my Router which requires the standard RJ45 connection into the "Internet" socket. I have been told by my accommodation that it is completely possible to use the Xbox 360 and a computer at the same time on the Internet using the provided connection. However, I cannot see how I can split the Ethernet to run both my computer AND Xbox 360 without the use of a specific type of router, unless there is a product which supports 3+ Ethernet connections and uses one as a source??How can I setup my computer and Xbox 360 console to run together on the Internet?
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.



If you get a router nowadays it will have 5 ports for a rj45 in the back.



One for uplink - internet connection from the wall and the rest are for computers and xboxs or shares.



You might not have the bandwidth needed since you're at school.How can I setup my computer and Xbox 360 console to run together on the Internet?
More than likely you will have to purchase a router that supports those plug ins to allow more devices such as your xbox to connect to the internet . The more hassle free way is to just get a wireless router . I am pretty sure that it does support wireless connectivity . But don't hold me to that .

No comments:

Post a Comment