Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do you connect an Xbox 360 to a internet connetion through a different computer?

I am trying to get to Xbox Live through my laptop which has a card that connects it to a wireless network tower (made by a phone company). I have the ethernet cable hooked up and I am running windows vista :-%26lt;

and I need to know how I have to have my setings on both the laptop and the Xbox 360.How do you connect an Xbox 360 to a internet connetion through a different computer?
This is about "Internet Connection Sharing", and is kind of complex. Refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126.How do you connect an Xbox 360 to a internet connetion through a different computer?
wait, your tring to use your laptop as a router to give your 360 itnernet//??



is that correct?



you cant ..



i tried.



you have to either connect it through a rounter, access point, or directly to the modem.



also, you can spend a rediculous amount of money on a wireless adapter



but then again, you still need a rounter, and might as well just hardwire it inHow do you connect an Xbox 360 to a internet connetion through a different computer?
It is possible to use your laptop as a bridge, but you have to change alot of your internet sharing options and you would only get 50% of your connection speed. You should get the Pelican Xbox 360 Gaming Adapter. It works as good as the official one. I have it my self, and I've been using it for a good 3 months and had no problems. They cost 29.99-39.99 used and 49.99-59.99 new.

No comments:

Post a Comment