Sunday, February 19, 2012

Xbox 360 -- How to get it on the internet without expensive adaptors?

I got an xBox 360 for christmas and its in our basement and the cord it came with doesnt reach my computer (upstairs) o.O and seriously i dont have $100 to buy the wireless thingy so i can get on xBox live! Any suggestions?Xbox 360 -- How to get it on the internet without expensive adaptors?
Move the router or get a longer cable are your only too main options, short of buying the wireless adapter, or move the XB360.



If you have spare routers in your house somewhere, you could attempt to create a bridge network with them, but this would most likely fail, or seriously slow your connection speed by the time your XB360 receives the signal.



With my set-up, my router and hard-ware is in my room, but the phone-socket it plugs into is downstairs, so I checked the blueprints for my house, checked under a floorboard to see what was beneath it, then drilled a small hole in the corner of my room, and fed the cable down there, then clipped it to the wall downstairs and led it to the socket.

See if you can do the same, just be careful of water pipes and electric cables, and if possible, turn them both off before you proceed, (check your house blueprints too), this should shave a few metres off the total length of cable needed.
get a ext. or you could get a ext cord thats 20 ft depends where you live

Report Abuse

Xbox 360 -- How to get it on the internet without expensive adaptors?
Well, just buy a longer ethernet patch cable. I'd say about 50-100ft. long.
get a longer cord.. much cheaper.... or move it closer to the computor..Xbox 360 -- How to get it on the internet without expensive adaptors?
ebay they got loads of good cheap stuff!
-Buy a longer network cable

-Relocate xbox or computer

-Relocate Router
you can buy a wireless gaming hub, (basically same thing but cheaper) that should work fine.
extension cord and duct tape
Well, if you are real good with networking, you will understand what I am about to say... What I did was I ran one ethernet cord from my main router to my room and then took one of my old Routers and plugged it into that. Then took another ethernet cord and ran that to the Xbox... Now, the thing about that is, my routers have different IP's. Therefore, I don't have any IP conflicts on my network... I was told that if the 2 routers have the same IP, it might not work... I don't know if that is true or not...



Another way to do it, buy wireless bridges... What it does is, one sends out the internet signal over by your computer, the other is by the xbox receiving and then it allows you to plug in an ethernet cord... But those could go as pricey as the wireless adapter...



Last, but cheapest, go buy a really long cord... Honest. What you will need is a "Cat 5 Ethernet Cord" Now, depending on how long it is, it could turn out not to be the cheapest.... So, good luck...
2 words: wired connection and also you could mold it a little bit with fire i melted a port for my 360
youtube always helps me
do you already have wireless internet, and a laptop. if you do, you can connect the xbox to the laptop and the laptop do the wireless conection/

No comments:

Post a Comment