Sunday, February 19, 2012

How exactly does an xbox 360 data transfer cable work?

I have the old xbox 360 arcade version with a 20 gb harddrive. I am getting the new xbox 360 slim with a 250gb harddrive. I will purchase a data transfer cable for $20 but was wondering how exactly does the data transfer cable work? Mainly will I need more then one xbox in order to transfer the harddrive info from my old harddrive to the new one?How exactly does an xbox 360 data transfer cable work?
Same as any other transfer. It copies the info from one hard drive, and moves it to the other. The only reason you need the cable is because it is the only thing that will connect with the XBOX HDD port. Microsoft made it so their cable would be the only one that could connect to the HDD. You don't need two XBOX's, just two hard drives. Plug the cable in and viola, info transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment